Thursday, February 12, 2009

A few things that are entertaining me now:

1. Susan Kay's Phantom. I have been sucked into this thing so hard. I keep trying to maintain critical distance, but no, in a few more chapters I'm going to be sighing over Erik like someone with the worst case of phangirl-ism ever. Damn it, he has a cape and a mask and an angelic voice and he does magic; how can I resist? It goes straight to my hindbrain like a sweet velvet drug.

Okay, the seduction process falters whenever he murders someone. But other than that, he's dreamy.

2. On the opposite end of the spectrum, this specimen from that Why Women Hate Men blog: I can make you tingle all over and you'll climax repeatedly until you don't want me to put my junk in you any more. And they say romance is dead!

3. From the Guardian, horror stories: Saturday is Valentine's night - the peak time for very public marriage proposals in restaurants. You can probably imagine that doesn't always end well.

4. *lusts* The new Kindle.

No comments: